slider

1/6/14

glitz design: the new year and a freebie

first, thank you so much for all of the kind words you left on my "garden girl" announcement from yesterday.  every.single.one. made me smile from ear to ear.  and i'm so glad to hear that many of you still frequent blogs, but don't always comment.  i'm the exact same way. i'm hoping to leave more love on blogs this year.  :)


i am so excited to be back with glitz for another year!  i just love everything that they make and the glitz girls are just fabulous!  did you see the new product releases on the blog this past weekend?  um, yummy!!

today, i'm on the glitz blog sharing my "new year" layout.  i decided to do a simple layout about my words for this year "simplify, enjoy, breathe".  i feel like i need all of these words this year, and although they are intertwined somehow, i wanted each to be present in my day to day.


to celebrate the new year, i wanted my title to be the main point of my page.  i made my title in my silhouette software and then cut it out on white card stock.   i then backed a few of the opening spaces with patterned papers.  i also cut the same title on vellum and then added that over my white card stock.  i like how the vellum softens the bright white card stock a little. 





do you pick a word to follow each year?  please share if you have a minute!  i'd love to hear!!
happy monday!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and congratulations! I've done several years of choosing a word - some more successful than others - and I love the idea of this "general" goal for a year. This year my word is "focus". I need to focus on the small steps to making big changes and try to stop being overwhelmed with the big picture. I love your words and that you've chose more than one. Thank you for sharing the download. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LO and congrats on both your DTs. Can't wait to see what else you create in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful layout, Stephanie! I love your three words, & the photo with the roses is amazing. We are so happy to have you continuing on with us at Glitz in 2014 & can't wait to see what you create with us this year!! Congratulations on all your other teams as well....you are such an amazing designer & you deserve all this recognition! Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another beautiful LO! I have chosen a word in the past but not this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Stephanie! So happy to be with you on the Glitz team and congrats on being selected as a GG as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog and totally love everything you do and your gorgeous style. Yip, I picked my word for the year and it is "SIMPLIFY"...I will be back ♥

    ReplyDelete