slider

4/6/14

A Recipe Challenge




I love challenges!  I love having a starting point or some type of direction when I have new supplies or photos to play with.  I'm always thinking of different techniques to try or fun ways to put my photos to paper!  It keeps it exciting and interesting!  And my very favorite part of challenges is sharing them with you and having you all play along with me!!  A great big thank you to Anita and Julia for playing along with my last challenge and linking up your layouts!!  Check out their awesome layouts below!!  If you have time, click on over to their gallery page and leave them some love!!



Since it's Sunday and I have an itch to create, I decided to create a little recipe challenge as my starting point.  I love knowing exactly what to use on my page.  Now all I need to do is move paper around and get creative!  Even if I'm not playing along with a challenge, I will still make a recipe for myself.  Sometimes lots of pretty supplies can become overwhelming for me!  Narrowing down what I want to use keeps it light and fun....just the way it should be!


Here's the recipe for this challenge:
Five patterned papers
Two photos (not pictured above)
Two different alphas
One flair
One wood veneer
Book paper

Here is my take on this challenge....  I was really feeling circles today, so I went with it.  Circles are so fun and easy to play with and can be quite eye catching.  I used a small and large circle punch for my patterned papers and photos and then just played around with layering them.  I added in the book paper too for a little bit of contrast.  I had a harder time with the alpha since I wanted my title to fit inside of one of the circles.  In the end, I used the Studio Calico Cork Alpha stickers and some smaller Basic Grey for my title.  


And that's it!  Grab your photos and supplies and get crafty!!  I hope you will play along!  Challenges are always more fun with friends!  Be sure to link up your layout here in the comments section so I can see your work and feature your layout!!  And if you happen to be on Instagram, you can tag me there (@stephaniebryan).  Can't wait to see what you create!!

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! So hope I get feeling better so I can get out of bed and try this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun challenge, I'd like to play along too! Here is what I came up with:

    http://norulesscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2014/04/recipe-challenge-by-stephanie-bryan.html

    Thanks for coming up with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the dateline? Love to join too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Padni! There's no real deadline...just a fun challenge to play along with if you have time! Feel free to link up here whenever you are done! :)

      Delete
  4. I have the same question, when is the deadline?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cuchi!! Whenever is fine!! Hope you can play along!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Stephanie for showing my layout on your blog. I feel very honored to be recognized by you. And of course I will do this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Stephanie!!!! here is my layout!!!! I love your challenge!!! See you in the next one ;) Kind regards from Barcelona http://scrapandmyfavouritethings.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/lo-best.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very nice challenge, I really wanted to give it a try! Here is my layout! Thank you Stephanie! I love reading your blog.
    http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/119614-funtogether

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie, I will load up my layout soon but I am on vacation now. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally, Here is my layout
    http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/120984-home-sweet-home

    ReplyDelete