slider

8/8/14

Heidi Swapp: DIY Stenciled & Stamped Gift Bags


This cute little boy went with me to Michaels yesterday to check out the new Heidi Swapp Project Life goodies.  I was so fortunate to be able to play with some of them for Heidi's new release, but I couldn't resist stopping in to buy check out the different kits and products.  Everything is just so flippin' amazing.  I love Heidi's style so much, and the additions to these kits are genius (did you see the camera card???).


I picked up a few little goodies for myself, as well as some for a little giveaway.  And what's a giveaway with a pretty gift bag, you might ask???  

So.... with the help of my two rug rats, I played around with a few muslin bags and some of Heidi's stencils, stamps and mists to create the perfect gift bags!  These bags are sooooo easy to make and are just amazing!  Here's a quick little tutorial for ya!


Grab your stencils, stamps, mists, inks and get messy!!
I used the Heidi Swapp "Stencil Minis", as well as her "I like totally love you" stamp for my bags.  The stencils are 3x4 (sized for Project Life), but are so versatile for other projects.  I also grabbed a few of the new mini Color Shine bottles and my favorite pink shimmer for my mists.

Since the stencils are smaller than the bag, I taped the stencils to the bags with some washi and then lined all sides of the stencil with pieces of scrap paper to completely cover the edges of the muslin bags (leaving only the stencil visible).  A few quick sprays of mist and my bag was finished!




Who wants one of these goodie bags filled with a few new Heidi Swapp Project Life goodies???  I have a bag all packed and ready to be mailed to one lucky friend!  Hop on over to my Instagram and leave a comment to be entered to win!!  




19 comments:

  1. SOOOO SWEET OF YOU!
    Especially for us internationals who can't shop at Michaels!
    ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!!!! I love it!!!! I need one!!!! I've crossed my fingers ;)

      Delete
  3. So lovely! Hoping to get my hands on some of it later today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that totally love you stamp! I see a trip to Michaels in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheeky smile has made my day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't instagram, but these
    are really cute! I'll try it on
    some burlap bags I have.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look so lovely, I would have a lot of fun with them, scrapbooking and my card making

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen Jacobs-CookeAugust 9, 2014 at 3:36 AM

    these look so lovely, I would have a lot of fun with them, scrapbooking and my card making

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you've done! I love everything Heidi swapp but unfortunately don't have instagram so good luck for all the people that do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your line of products. Fingers crossed...toes too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to look for your instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute end cap! :) He is adorable Stephanie!!! Heidi's collaboration with Becky ...genius and raises the bar on great products for memory keeping! :) Thanks for the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, I'm a great fan of Heidi's crafts;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Can't wait to get to Michael's today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute bags! Love all things Heidi Swapp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will write a comment here, instagram asked my to login and I don't normally do instagram so I did not know what to put. Anyway, I love your bag idea! I do love her stencils but have not seen the small ones yet. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What an amazing idea! Those bags are definitely adorable, with those cute prints. The items on the bag are lovely, and it's a shame I didn't see this before. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope everyone is ahving a great fall!

    Clifton Banks @ Bagito

    ReplyDelete