slider

8/12/14

Tell Your Story...

I'm guilty of not always adding tons of journaling to my pages.  It's usually a sentence or two about the photo, and I'm actually totally fine with that.  My mood and wordiness fluctuate, so I try to go with whatever works at that moment.  I definitely use traditional scrapbooking as a creative outlet, not necessarily as my primary story-telling mode.  Project Life has a lot more of our stories, quotes, thoughts, etc....  

But when I sat down to create this page, I had a story to tell and I couldn't wait to get it onto the page.  I started this page with a piece of 12x12 card stock that I had embossed and watercolored.  I had originally planned to use it for another page, but I couldn't make the background work with my photo/papers, etc.  I typically keep any 12x12 paper that I've tried a mixed media technique out and didn't quite love it at that moment.  I find that if I let it sit for a while, I will eventually find the right photo for it!     


I really wanted to use this black and white striped paper from Shanna Noel as my base page, so I trimmed down my watercolored card stock.  Before I adhered it to my background, I ran the card stock through my typewriter and added my journaling.  


Next, I layered together some papers, journaling cards, fabric, die cuts, etc to create a nice base for my photo.  


I added a pop of color with several "burnt-orangish" embellishments and a (hoarded) "D" from Crate Paper's The Pier collection.


My journaling talks about my sweet boy and his obsession with the words "poop" and "butt".  If you have a boy, I'm assuming you know how awesome these words are too!!  ;)


My last detail was to add in a few wooden embellishments and adhere my card stock to my background paper.


I'm so super happy with this page!!  I'm really digging orange right now for some reason (which is super strange because I usually avoid it like the plague).  It works with the black and white, and that pop of blue too, I think!!  




3 comments: