slider

12/15/14

Creative Jumpstarts 06


It's time for another Creative Jumpstarts challenge!!  This week is all about Project Life.  I'm really loving the rotation through the different areas.....scrapbook, pocket, photo.  It's nice to mix things up every once in a while and think outside of the box and try something new!

Today's pocket challenge is to add some type of HIDDEN JOURNALING to your Project Life spreads.  This was a no-brainer for me as I love to add hidden journaling throughout my albums.  Hidden journaling usually means that I'm telling more stories and that is exactly what my goal is for next year (why not start early, right???).  Telling stories seems to encompass the "whole picture" for me.  I've been super guilty of just sliding photos in pockets and calling it done, but I really do strive for more depth and emotion in my pages.


For the most part, this spread came together very easily and quickly.  I started by printing my eight photos and then selected a few journaling cards that correlated with the month and overall "theme" of my photos.


I slipped the photos into place and then began my journaling.  I created a flip up photo card in the top left hand pocket to add in some extra journaling about my new obsession with the Serial Podcast (if you aren't listening, you just haaaaaave to!).  For the rest of my photos, I typed in small details about what was happening on that particular day.


I continued the same process on this right hand spread.  Some photos require a sentence or two...others can stand alone on their own, I think.  I also included some hidden journaling on this page by adding in a trimmed journaling card in the kraft pocket.  It holds a few notes about a movie date with the kids, as well as the movie tickets. 



I used a small paperclip and a day of the week tab along the left side of my flip up photo to act as a tab.  I love the look of the tab sticking out from the side of the page!



My finishing touches were a few stitches here and there just to hold everything in place!


And that's it!!  Be sure to hop on over to Marcy's blog to check out her take on this challenge!!

So what do you think?? Are you up for a Project Life challenge??  We'd love for you to play along with us!  I know life is super busy now, but taking time out to create is so fun and relaxing!  It's a great day to spend a few hours of alone time, right??  If you get a chance to play along, be sure to link up your project here and tag us over on Instagram (#creativejumpstarts).  

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!

2 comments:

  1. So live this. Such a bright and airy spread as usual, just love it. The hidden journaling is so cute with that small paper clip and weekday tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie,
    I like your PL album, it's great. So mild and light. Wonderful!
    Greetings,Carola

    ReplyDelete