slider

1/5/15

Creative Jumpstarts 07


Well hello 2015!!  I am so excited for this year!  As I mentioned on my Project Challenge post, I am totally up for trying new things this year!  I love thinking outside of the box and challenging myself.  The Creative Jumpstarts challenges are the perfect way to experiment with new scrapping methods, and that's just what I've done with this new RECIPE challenge!!  


Before I get share my layout, here is the recipe for this challenge if you want to play along with us!!  
ONE flair
TWO tags
FIVE sequins

As I mentioned on the last recipe challenge, I reeeeally love creating with recipes.  I love having a starting point and some kind of direction!!  I decided to switch things up and try out a new size for this page....remember...2015 is all about trying new things!!  I have always been a 12x12 girl, but I really wanted to try an 8.5x11 canvas.  I remember being scared of the 12x12 space, thinking there was no way I could fill up all that BLANK space.  Now, I'm scared to go any smaller, LOL!  :)


I started this page with a photo collage and two tags.  The collage and the tags ended up being the exact same width (score), so I decided to stack them on top of each other to create a vertical band on my page.  The collage of photos was originally one large collage, but I didn't really love how the collage looked stacked with the tags, so I decided to trim them apart and layer them along the right side of my page. 


All of these photos are from 2014, so I used some of the awesome large alpha from the Studio Calico Ivy Tower Add-on (which is crazily still available, so go grab it!!) to add the year to the front of one of the tags.  


The second tag is right under the 2014 tag and includes some journaling about our year.  I stitched along the far right hand side so the two tags would create a lift up flap (I am all about interactive pages, are you??).


I wanted the photos and tags to take up the majority of the page, but when they were stacked together, there was a good bit of space that would either be at the top of the bottom of the page.  Instead of leaving that space, I decided to add a fun row of embellishments in-between two of the photo strips. And I love how it turned it!  It breaks up the photos a little and adds a fun little pop to the page.  

After I added the embellishments, I realized that I didn't really leave a space or spot for the sequins (GAH)!  There was no way I was going to recreate this page using them, so I decided to just sprinkle them around my photos.  I could have totally done without them, but, a challenge is a challenge, so there they are!  :)


Right now, I have this page hanging up on a clipboard in my craft room, but will add it into the end of my Project Life album when I'm ready to take it down.  I really love the 8.5x11 size, so I bet you will be seeing more of these from me this year!!

And that's it from me!!  Be sure to hop on over to Marcy's blog to check out her take on this fun challenge!!  We so hope you can play along with our latest Creative Jumpstarts challenge!!  It's a new year and it's the perfect time to challenge yourself and use up those supplies.  Link up your projects here, and tag us on Instagram!!  Can't wait to see what you create!!

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!



4 comments:

  1. How do you create your collages? I love this one and your 2015 title page one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in your Creative Jumpstarts challenge this month. It was great inspiration. Thank you
    http://lumpbumpandclump.blogspot.com/2015/01/new-years-eve-cut-shoppe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played along!! http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/150104-you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe fit perfectly into my layout This was a lot of fun! http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/150394-creative-jumpstart-07-santa-2014

    ReplyDelete