slider

7/1/15

Studio Calico \\ Fairground Reveal


It's REVEAL day at Studio Calico.  The Fairground kits did not disappoint this month.  The papers in the main kit are some of my favorite.  I'm pretty much a big fan of anything that comes with a grid!  

I'll be sharing my Fairground projects over the next few weeks, and I thought I would start with my main kit layouts first!  These two layouts have the best pops of color (in my opinion) on the white background!  I love adding in pinks and oranges and yellows on a white canvas!  So pretty!


For this first layout, I started by trimming out some squares from the grid patterned paper in the main kit.  I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them, so I laid them around my page and decided to cluster them altogether on one side and then pair the cluster with a photo.  I tried to balance my colors with lighter/darker shades and then by adding in a pop of yellow on my paper squares to balance out the yellow from Anna's ballet outfit.


As you can see, I kept the embellishments super simple.  Less is more....but I did stitch a few butterflies and two glitter banners along the squares. Easy peasy!


This layout just might be my favorite EVER!  And it all came about because of some extra collage style photos I had in my photo box.  I trimmed out each super small collage photo and then decided to build a grid along the bottom half of my page using photos and trimmed labels (also from the main kit). I used the transparent alpha to spell out H-O-M-E, but left the letters randomly placed, so it wasn't so perfect.  I super duper love the effect!


And these small photos and paper squares are just the best to me.  I've never met a photo collage I didn't LOVE!

And that's it for the main kits!  I'll be back to share more early next week!
We are off to the lake for our annual Fourth of July family reunion and we are so excited!


3 comments:

  1. Your creativity is brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete