slider

2/24/16

DIY Art Journal

Sometimes I get an itch to create, but don't want to make a huge layout or complete mini book. That's where this fun little DIY Art Journal comes in. I made this fun "journal" when I was at Be Crafty with Amanda and Maggie using the cover of an old book and some book rings! We spray painted the book gold at the workshop and then I painted the black diagonal part onto the front for a little more character. I hot glued in ribbon at the front and back of the book so it had a cute tie closure! 
The inside pages are a mix of fun goodies, photos, book pages, embellishments and more.  The best part about books like this is that anything goes! You really can add in just about anything - painted pages, watercolored pages, envelopes, etc!  I find that I reach for this book a lot "just because" I want to make something! 

Here's a look at a few of my pages....
Do you keep a random "art journal"? A journal that you can dabble in, put away and pick up days or months later? It's very freeing to have some kind of creative outlet and using a smaller scale like this book is perfect for me!!  

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. beautiful! so lovely and inspiring. It's great that we can keep beautiful memories even in the simplest way with whatever we have around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! This year I've started getting art journaling and you're right, it's nice to create "just because".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I ttied art journaling, but I think it was "too artsy" for me, and not quite my style. I did have a random mini album I made that I put leftover photos and such in, and this reminds me of it. I definitely need to create things like this more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I ttied art journaling, but I think it was "too artsy" for me, and not quite my style. I did have a random mini album I made that I put leftover photos and such in, and this reminds me of it. I definitely need to create things like this more!

    ReplyDelete