slider

8/15/16

Oregon Part III


If you haven't purchased a ticket to Oregon yet, what are you waiting for? 
We spent the last few days hiking and traveling the Oregon Coast and along the Columbia River to Hood River.  (Here's Part I and Part II incase you missed them.)





The Oregon Coast Trail was nothing short of breathtaking. It was a little foggy out in the distance, but the views were amazing nonetheless. I'd imagine that a clear day would be mind blowing crazy. There had been some rain the days before, so the trails were pretty muddy and mucky. BUT. In case you were wondering, I wore my tennis shoes! Shocker, right?


From the coast, we hopped in the car and made our way to Hood River stopping by Multnomah Falls for a little detour. I still have no idea how to really say this name, so thank goodness I'm typing this and not telling you. Otherwise, I would be saying "this awesome waterfall"....



Whoa, right?
It was a little misty, but the falls were gorgeous. And so green. It was like being in a rain forest. We hiked to the top of the falls, which is only at about 620 feet high, but so worth it. I made the journey AGAIN in my flip flops, but whatevs...you can't get that close and NOT hike to the top. In my defense though, you could see the waterfall from the parking lot so I just assumed there was no hiking. I was wrong. (And yes - the picture below is looking DOWN from the top!! Yikes!)


After our stop, we hopped back in the car and made our way into Hood River and our PENTHOUSE view. Well, it was our friend's view, but who really cares.


Looking out across the river into Washington State was the best. This view. The penthouse. The sunshine. The people. All of it was the best and we pretty much had to convince ourselves to even leave and find dinner. 





WHEN we go back (not if, because, um...we're already planning our return trip), we will be staying here again. The place was so perfect and I really just want to make a pot of chili, turn on football and call that couch my home. 



So long Oregon. It was amazing. Thanks for being so awesome. We can't wait to come back and visit.
And you made it all the way through my Oregon posts! Yay! So what do you think? Have you ever been to any of these beautiful places?? Are you searching for tickets now?? We sure are! xo



3 comments:

  1. We just returned from Vancouver WA, we were there 2 weeks for the Junior League Regional Baseball Tournament. We managed to visit Multnomah Falls (absolutely breathtaking!), Seattle and Sauvie Island Farms as well on our off days.

    We will definitely be back ... Oregon has a piece of my heart now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We flew to Seattle then drove down the coast to California to see the redwood trees. Visited at least 8 lighthouses and stopped at Mt St Helen(rainy day so couldn't see much). Chihuly glass is a must see next to Space Needle. Other Chihuly installations are in Tacoma. Bellevue Gardens just outside Seattle was fabulous. Our visit was for 2 weeks late September-October. Would definitely go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the UK but have friends in Portland and have been to Hood River, Multnomah falls, and the oregon coast, its a beautiful place, already planning my fourth visit.

    ReplyDelete