slider

3/8/13

color combos galore: sweet indulgence



happy friday everyone!

so excited to post the next challenge for color combos galore.  



i have to admit that i was a little stumped when i saw the color choices for this week's challenge.  if you follow along with me, you probably know that my style is a little muted and that i love some white.  the  rusty orange had me miffed.

after starring at the challenge for a few days, i went through my stash and pulled out some corresponding papers.

i also decided that i wanted to focus on inspiration #2: frames.  i cut a few Polaroid frames with my silhouette and then found some pictures to use for the layout.  i ended up ditching one of the two pictures because it felt a little overwhelming to me (remember...i'm a simple girl).  the other frame i added some journaling.

here's my take on the challenge...


I took my inspiration from photo #2: product (frames); with a little inspiration from photo #3 for the gold circles and script text on the tags.


i hope you'll pop on over to color combos galore and check out the challenge and other DT inspiration for this week!  it's a fun one!

have a happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Stephanie, I love your beautiful layout! The layers are pretty and the photo is great! ^_^

    ReplyDelete