slider

5/23/13

color combos galore: 244 and 245





 there are two new challenges up at color combos galore right now!!  the colors and inspiration boards are amazing, as always!  
my main inspiration for this photo was a "nautical" theme.  this is a picture of my daughter on a boat trip several years ago.  the sun was so bright and she insisted on putting on my glasses.  of course, i just had to capture this precious moment.  i layered my photo on top of some of the lovely papers from the studio calico atlantic collection to continue to "nautical" them.  the paper layers at the top of the page were inspired by the photos and colors in the inspiration board.





my focus for this challenge was journaling.  i initially thought about including my typed text on the diagonal, but then i saw my dear lizzy roller stamp sitting on my desk and i thought the sentiments would look awesome stamped along the the page.  i finished my page with the coordinating colors of the inspiration board as my paper layers.  that boy is such a cutie!!


be sure to stop by the color combos galore page for more awesome inspiration from the design team!  if you aren't already a member, email or message me your email address and i will send you out an invite!!

happy thursday!

xoxo



5 comments:

  1. Both are so lovely as usual!! I can't decide which I like more... I'll be pinning both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous, Stephanie!! I adore them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these - especially the color choices in the first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both stunning, Stephanie! Really love the text on a horizontal plane, and nautical themes are so in right now! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete