slider

4/28/14

Glitz Design: Embossing Vellum

Hi there!

I'm guilty of owning a manual die cutting machine but not really using it.  I love it when I do use it, but it sits in the top of my craft closet and unless it's out and in plain sight, I'm not likely to remember to use it.  

Luckily, Glitz Design challenged us to emboss this week so I actually remembered to get my die cutting machine out!  I thought about doing a few different embossing techniques, but in the end, vellum won out.  I love vellum.  And embossing on vellum is just beautiful.  I used two different embossing folders to create two different patterns on my vellum.  I cut down my vellum into smaller squares and used it as a backdrop for my photo.

Here's a look at my finished layout, as well as a few detailed shots....



The vellum adds such a softness to the page.  And I love how you can see the patterns of the embossing folder, but it's not distracting.  


I added an oval Carpe Diem frame around my photo to break up the sharp corners of my page.


I finished this layout by adding my journaling around my vellum squares, creating a border around the main focus of my page.

Be sure to hop on over to the Glitz Blog to check out Magda's amazing project today!!  And the design team will be back all week for more embossing inspiration!!

What about you?  Are you a fan of vellum?





1 comment:

  1. This is just plain gorgeous.....LOVE the dry embossed vellum. Fantastic job, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete