slider

6/18/14

Two Peas in a Bucket: Have Fun & Today

I have two new layouts up at Two Peas in a Bucket this week!!  The first is part of the Storyteller series, and the second is focuses on the Moments series.



This first layout is all about my son and tells a little story about his everyday life and obsession with cars, planes, trains and anything with wheels.


I used Wilna's cut files from the Two Peas shop as my title.  Like most of my cut files, I cut the title on white card stock.  White is so versatile and can be so easily jazzed up with watercolors, embossing or glitter.


I used the Crate Paper Boys Rule collection for the paper and embellishments on this page.  I wanted my background and all of the extras to be very neutral with my photo as the main focus.  Instead of using several patterned papers for my background, I chose one and then trimmed it randomly into small squares.  I layered them on top of each other throughout the middle of my background for some texture and interest.


My journaling is typed on a piece of paper and stapled to a tag.  It slides right behind my photo in-between a few paper layers.



It's funny how themes overlap...  When I put this layout together, I was focused on the "moment" of my daughter graduating from preschool, but in the end, I told the "story" of her graduation day and my feelings.  You really can do no wrong when you scrapbook or create.  I usually start with an idea/mood board/inspiration and then go from there.  Rarely does it turn out exactly as I envisioned and I actually love that.  I really is a creative process, and that's the best part to me.  


I started this page with my journaling typed onto vellum and the title "today".  I layered a few different papers from the Crate Paper Open Road collection onto my 12x12 background and then added my photo and a few extra little tags and bits of paper.


Since I had so many paper layers, an alpha title and longer journaling, I kept my embellishments rather simple and neutral (which is super unusual for me)!  

Both of these pages are rather simple, but I still love them both!



5 comments:

  1. Wow yes, I adore them too! You are so *incredibly* talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that dimply little hand. Love the texture on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I'm so enjoying perusing your blog x

    ReplyDelete