slider

8/31/15

Studio Calico \\ Brimfield Sneaks


Don't you hate that feeling when you come up short with ideas or creativity?  That's the way I've been for about a month now.  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I opened and starred at the September kits from Studio Calico.  I printed photos, moved papers around, but still....nothing.  Not one idea.  Then I decided to just walk away for a few weeks (thank goodness I had a few weeks, right??).  I spent that time taking photos and really falling in love with my camera again.  I love taking photos.  I love documenting our days.

Stepping away and trying something different helped tremendously.  It took away that feeling of anxiety of NOT being able to "make" anything.  It reminded me that creativity ebbs and flows in different ways - and that trying something new (or going back to something old) is just as good.

Once I found a rhythm, I was able to create four (of my new favorite) layouts in just one evening.  Three of the four sneak photos here are from the Brimfield Main Scrapbook kit.  The papers this month are just perfect and I love the softer, more subtle colors this month.  


The main kit includes this super cool star transparency (which I layered over a white piece of card stock so it's kind of hard to see here), as well as this skinny gold alpha.  I need a lifetime supply of those alpha.


I couldn't resist creating a FULL page layout filled with photos of our summer.  It's definitely a very photo heavy page, but I love it so much.  In one glance, I can relive summer all over again.


This photo is a peek of the Typewriter add-on (with a few main kit papers thrown in too).  Lots of words and layers on this page!



For my Project Life projects, I decided to stick with the 6x8 size of my July album and add in a few more pages.  I LOVE this size!  It really is so easy to work with!  

Can't wait to share the rest of these projects with you tomorrow at reveal!  What's on your shopping list?

1 comment:

  1. Always so inspiring! I'm editing some old pictures and can't wait to get the prints to work with!

    ReplyDelete