slider

9/2/15

Studio Calico \\ Brimfield Reveal


Did you see the Brimfield reveal at Studio Calico yesterday?  If you didn't, well then, you are definitely missing out!  Like usual, the kits are full of beautiful papers, fun embellishments and lots of extras!  You just can't go wrong with paper and supplies, right?

Today, I thought I would start by sharing my main kit layouts.  As I mentioned in my sneak post earlier in the week, I was on the struggle bus BIG TIME when it came to creating this month.  I stopped and started, unpacked and re-packed these kits so many times it's embarrassing.  I pushed paper around and printed more photos, but the juices were dry.

After a fun time photographing our week for Week in the Life, I finally found some creative energy and got right to work!  And like normal, once I start creating, I find myself in a groove and I can't stop - hence, three layouts with the main kit. 


For this first layout, I decided to hand cut letters from the floral map paper to spell out my title.  I played around with the placement of the title in a few different spots and decided to split it up with that sweet photo of Anna.  I love how the title draws your eye to the photo.  And that floral paper was just made to be cut into letters.


This next layout is an ode to collages.  :)
You all know I can't get enough of collages, right?  I started by printing out three "strips" of our summer photos and a few pieces of patterned paper from the main Brimfield Scrapbook kit.  I wanted to keep the "extras" pretty simple here, so I chose a neutral paper to line the top and bottom of my page.  


Onto the patterned paper, I added a title using those awesome gold alpha (which was SO hard, btw, because I really really really wanted to hoard those forever).


I typed my journaling onto a piece of printer paper and then layered it in-between two photo strips.  I finished the page with a few simple embellishments and chipboard stickers.  So super simple and easy, but I love how it tells the story of our summer!


For this last layout, I pretty much just grabbed my scraps and extras and built a "pile" on the middle of my page.  I layered the white star transparency (which is kind of hard to see) on my white background and then added my layers right there in the middle of the page!


I used the packaging (the "frame" part) of the chipboard stickers to act as a border/frame for my photo and layers!  Love how it adds just the perfect amount of dimension and texture to the layout.


Between my paper layers, I slid in a tag with a note to Anna.  


And those are my main kit layouts for September!!  I'll be back with another layout and a few Project Life spreads later next week!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment